Sunday 21 June 2009

Weekly update 21-06-09

Well a truly awful week in respect of returns but the racing was entertaining.
I have decided to review the way the selections are given out, reading noseaheads blog today
was like deja vu for me , I have been trying to hard to find winners when I should have been more selective.
When looking for decent bets I often start with looking for poor value favourites to oppose.
I have decided from now that if my selection is not the clear choice against these weak favourites
that I will either leave alone or advise a lay on the unfancied horse.
For example I put up two selections today where I thought the favourite was to short and they both got beat but I did not profit on the day.
So alongside towinornottowin there will be toloseornottolose, I will keep these seperate for account purposes.
Initially I will not be laying these as its more of a trial run at the moment the price I settle the lays on will be
successful lays less 5%commision
unsuccessful lays at 5% on the starting price to allow for the slightly better exchange odds.
Towinornottowinbets will be more selective and less speculative than before and focus on horses that I think have a good chance at a decent price.
The daily posts will be brief and on days when there are no selections there will be no posts.
If there are selections they will be posted by 11.30 unless stated on the blog.

back to this week
monday -1
tuesday -5
wednesday -4
thursday -1
friday -3.5
sat -3
sunday -1 (winning selection did not meet price required)

Total for week - 18.5 points ( oh gosh)
Total to date +3.8 points

No comments:

Post a Comment